Tuesday, June 18, 2019

The generosity of a LCS owner.

 On Saturday me and  my dad went to the local card shop to get a box for my baseball cards, because I have a decent amount of cards( e.g 1,000 +) that have no real place to go.However, my Dad forgot his wallet, and we couldn't go again till today.The card shop is a good one. It has pretty decent prices and nice people. The original owner was super nice, but sold the shop a couple years ago. However, the new owners are nice too, a fact which is illustrated in this post.


 Me and my Dad browsed a while, but it was finally time to go. However, as we were leaving, one of the people, who I'm pretty sure is a co-owner, told me to come over to where he was. And then he gave me a 1933 Goudey Dick Coffman card, a pitcher for 15 MLB seasons!
Pretty amazing. It really was pretty great, just giving me a '33 Goudey like that. I think we had been talking about '33 Goudey, if I remember correctly. Just extremely generous. That was my 5th card from 1933 Goudey, and my 7th Goudey. I'm very grateful, and this definitely makes me like the new owners more.
 
           Thanks for reading, folks! Have a nice night!

 

4 comments:

  1. WOW! Where is this shop? I want to go just to thank them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! Watching the news can sometimes bring me down with all of the insane things going on around the world. Maybe that's why I prefer reading card blogs. There so much generosity among bloggers... and stories like this that show that there plenty of positive things going on out there too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I realized that we never finalized a trade we started to talk about last December. Are you still interested in the CC Sabathia A&G relic that I had set aside for you? If you could email me: fanofreds (dot) auctions (at gmail dot com) that'd be awesome. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete